ESSM recognises that basic scientists who are not actively engaged in clinical work in sexual medicine field may have difficulty finding sponsors to attend ESSM Annual Congresses.
Call for ESSM Basic Scientists Travel Grants 2019-2020
The European Society for Sexual Medicine is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Basic Scientist Travel Grants call. These grants are intended to support basic scientists wishing to attend the next ESSM Annual Congress in Prague in 2020.
ESSM will award a free registration and EUR 500 travel expenses to ten of its members towards attending the Annual Congress.
30th Jun 2019
Deadline for applications
Oct – Nov 2019
Decision and notification
ESSM Annual Congress
Who can apply?
All members of ESSM (providing that they meet the eligibility criteria) are welcome to apply for these grants.
How to apply?
Please send the required documents by 30th June 2019 to the ESSM Grant Subcommittee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Notes on applying for Travel Grant
The applicants should pay attention to
Any application with missing documents will not be reviewed.
Terms and Conditions for Basic Scientist Travel Grant
- European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) is a registered charity (charity registration number 1109885) with the aim of the advancement and improvement of public awareness, education and research in the field of Sexual Medicine and the diffusion of knowledge of new and improved methods of teaching and practicing Sexual Medicine.
- To further these aims ESSM supports scientists in the field of Sexual Medicine to advance the basic understanding of human sexual physiology and psychology, to translate fundamental research findings to clinical use, to develop and adopt new medicines, technologies and methods for the treatment sexual dysfunctions and for the improvement of human sexual health.
- ESSM supports the scientists in the field of sexual medicine through research grants, travel fellowships, personal awards and studentships.
- The regulations and conditions related to the basic scientist travel grants are given in this document
- ESSM Basic Scientist Travel Grants are available to aid ESSM members who are actively engaged in basic science research in sexual medicine field.
- ESSM Basic Scientist Travel Grants aim to award the registration fee and €500 in expenses to the applicant to attend one of the ESSM Annual Congresses.
- ESSM Basic Scientist Travel Grants invite applicants particularly from basic science field where funding for attending international meetings are limited.
- ESSM Basic Scientist Travel Grants will reimburse only the registration fee and €500 of the applicant. Other expense by the applicant will not be covered. The fund does not cover any expenses of the applicant’s dependants.
The fund is open to any ESSM member who fulfils the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an ESSM member for at least 1 year prior to the application, in perfect order with the fulfilment of the membership fee payments. 1 ESSM Basic Scientist Travel Grants T&C
- Applicant must have an active participation (i.e. at least one abstract being submitted or planned to be submitted and/or chairing a session and/or invited speaker) in the ESSM Congress for which he/she is applying for.
- Applicant must have an academic position in an academic research institution or hospital.
- Applicant must submit a letter addressed to the ESSM Grants Sub-committee explaining why he/she is not able to obtain other funds to attend the ESSM Congress together with a brief CV.
- Applicant must submit a support letter from his/her head of department confirming his/her academic position and that he/she is not actively engaged with clinical work.
Invitation to submit applications will be advertised at the ESSM website.
- The applicant should send the required documentation [letter, updated CV, support letter from his/her head of department and intended dates of travel] to the ESSM Grants Sub-committee by the announced deadline. Applications by e-mail will be accepted; the letters can be scanned and sent as PDF files.
- ESSM Grants Sub-committee will discuss the applications with the ESSM Executive Committee.
- Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail.
- Payment arrangements will be communicated to the successful applicants by email.
- The applicants are advised not to make any travel, accommodation or registration arrangements before hearing from ESSM.
- All applications will be kept strictly confidential. The applicants, either unsuccessful or successful, will not be publicised.